jd-sports-global-access-is-here-ft-metroboomin-jd-sports-us-sfn-alkuqmu-0m08s
Record producer Metro Boomin will headline the concert for Spring Fling this year (Photo courtesy of JD Sports | CC BY-SA 4.0).

Metro Boomin and Daya will perform at this year’s Spring Fling, the concert’s 51st edition.

The concert will take place in Penn Park beginning at 8:15 p.m. on Friday, April 19, and it will be followed by the Daytime Fling event on Saturday, April 20 from 12-5 p.m. Metro Boomin, a record producer, will headline the concert, and Daya, a singer-songwriter, will open the show. 

Penn’s Social Planning and Events Committee unveiled this year’s performers at a reveal party on High Rise Field, which featured appearances from a number of student DJs.

Metro Boomin is best known for producing instrumentals for rappers including Nicki Minaj, Ludacris, Migos, Wiz Khalifa, Travis Scott, and Meek Mill. He has been credited for two No. 1 hits on the Billboard 200 chart: "Bad and Boujee" by Migos and "Heartless" by The Weeknd.

Metro Boomin has produced a number of other popular songs, such as “Congratulations” by Post Malone, “Tuesday” by ILOVEMAKONNEN, and “Creepin'” with the Weeknd and 21 Savage.

Daya is a singer and songwriter who has been featured on a number of Billboard 100 hits, including “Don’t Let Me Down” with the Chainsmokers, which peaked at No. 3, as well as “Sit Still, Look Pretty,” and “Hide Away.”

This year will be the third in-person event since the COVID-19 pandemic. Last year, Lauv headlined the 50th anniversary of Spring Fling, and rapper Lil Tjay opened the show. 

Across over 51 iterations of the event, those who have attended Spring Fling’s concerts have seen performances from artists including Chance the Rapper, Flo Milli, Kesha, and Tiësto. This year's Spring Fling will mark SPEC's 35th anniversary. 

Students can purchase tickets for the concert online. The free Daytime Fling event will include various giveaways, food vendors, student performances, and more at Penn Park.