08-19-20-class-of-1920-commons-dining-hall-sukhmani-kaur
Gourmet Grocer, which is housed in the Class of 1920 Commons, will now open at 9 a.m. from Monday through Friday. Credit: Sukhmani Kaur

Penn Dining announced changes to dining services across campus, including extended hours, more meal exchange opportunities, and new breakfast offerings, in an email to students on Monday. 

Barbara Lea-Kruger, Penn Business Services director of communications and external relations, wrote in an email to The Daily Pennsylvanian on Nov. 30 that the changes were made based on feedback submitted by students as well as discussions with the Dining Advisory Board and the Undergraduate Assembly.

Penn Dining expanded Gourmet Grocer’s hours to open at 9 a.m. from Monday through Friday. The Meal Exchange program is also now available from opening to closing every day of the week.

The Meal Exchange program was also extended to Café West. The program operates the same as that of other meal exchanges with a combination of one entrée, two sides, and a beverage. At Café West, beverage options include a 12-ounce coffee or tea, according to Lea-Kruger.

In addition to lunch sandwiches and salads, Penn Dining also now offers new breakfast options at the Cafe at McClelland, Gourmet Grocer, and Café West through the Meal Exchange program.

Lea-Kruger wrote that new items include a rotating variety of breakfast sandwiches that are available all day “for those that want to take them back to their residence for the next day.”

Café West also now serves three flavors of specialty hot chocolates, including chocolate fudge brownie, peppermint, and white mocha. Each order includes a complimentary souvenir Café West mug.

According to Lea-Kruger, Penn Dining will send all dining plan holders a fall survey to complete by the end of the week to provide additional feedback. They also plan to hold focus groups in the spring semester.

She added that if students have suggestions for Penn Dining in the future, they should contact Penn Dining, the Dining Advisory Board, or the Undergraduate Assembly directly.