wetrain

WeTrain hopes to provide a mobile workout service throughout Philadelphia. The workout sessions are priced between $17-25.

Credit: , Matt Mizbani, ,

Now there’s an Uber for everything, even personal trainers.

WeTrain is a recently established startup that aims to shake up the fitness industry. Co-founded by Thomas Jefferson University graduate student Zachary Hertzel and second-year Wharton MBA student Jon Sockol, the company supplies on-demand personal trainers that can be reached by using WeTrain’s mobile application.

Sockol was inspired of the idea for WeTrain while working in New York. In his own research, he was surprised by the lack of affordable exercise options.

“For me, I used to be 60 pounds heavier. And [when] I was working to lose the weight, I would never consider using a personal trainer, because the average price point for New York is $100 to $150 an hour,” Sockol said.

WeTrain workouts consist of 30 to 60 minutes of vigorous exercise and are personalized for your specific goal. There are six different types of workout sessions, from the “Shred Factory” for muscle training to “BLT” for enhanced butt, legs and tummy. 30-minute workouts are priced at $17, while an hour session costs $25. However, these prices can be split in half by bringing and working out with a friend.

For first-year Wharton MBA student Allie Miller, it is the small things that make WeTrain preferable over going to the gym.

“They make sure that a WeTrain trainer shows up wearing a WeTrain shirt, and they send you a photo of the trainer with a bio before they come over. There’s also a secret password that they have that they have to type in,” Miller said. “It’s been a great way to light a fire in my workout routine and make sure that I’m not settling for 40 minutes on the treadmill.”

In the future, WeTrain hopes that they would be able to provide the on-call service throughout Philadelphia. They are looking to partner with Uber, the Special Olympics and the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network to increase awareness of their service and to donate some of their earnings to charity.

“To be able to have a business that can do good on helping people reach their fitness goals and help various other causes in the community — that’s why you live and run a business,” Sockol said.

WeTrain’s mobile application is available on the App Store and will be available for Android users in the coming future.