guidotorun

Look out for the new Hollywood movie inspired by YouTube’s sensation, My New Haircut.

The idea for the movie based on the web clip came from Wharton junior Ankur Jain.

The creator of My New Haircut, Brett Tietjen, reached out to Jain, who said he then pitched the idea of the “first movie that capitalizes on the social success of short media” to Hollywood. The 26-million hit YouTube clip spotlights what Jain calls the “guido culture” popularized by shows like Jersey Shore.

“We are hoping that this is going to be the first of many that will show Hollywood that the future of content is going to come from internet-generated material,” Jain said. “One of the exciting facts is that the YouTube world is going to mash with the Hollywood world.”

There was a big response from Hollywood concerning this proposal, and the movie was signed by producers Scott Mednick — of 300 and Beerfest fame — and Galen Walker, who produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

“When Ankur pitched his idea, I thought it was just a brilliant plan because there was such a trend following the internet,” Walker said.

This independent film has potential to really have “brand awareness,” he added.

Walker and Jain both were happy that the hit reality TV series Jersey Shore showed the world that “this is what people want to watch” and that it “spread the guido culture.”

“This will be the first video that will bring the Jersey Shore culture main stream and it couldn’t be a better time to put this movie out,” Jain said.

The movie is in its early stages of production. Although the film has the appropriate funding, the director and the cast are still being finalized.

The cast will star Tietjen, along with various Hollywood actors, according to Jain.

The movie will begin filming early this summer, and it will most likely be released in theaters late this year or early next year, he said.

Walker hopes that this film will create a “cult classic, another movement business equivalent to Jersey Shore,” and he believes that it has potential “to be a runaway hit comedy.”

The YouTube movement shows that through the internet an “average person can be just as influential as a news station,” Jain said.

My New Haircut video: