With the score knotted at 6-6 in overtime, Penn women's lacrosse freshman Erin Brennan gained possession of the ball off a Dartmouth turnover, sprinted down the field and passed to senior Becca Edwards. Edwards came up alone against Dartmouth's goalie, with one little head fake pushed the ball in the net for the go-ahead goal.

And the Quakers held onto for the rest of the overtime period -- women's lacrosse does not go into sudden death -- escaping with the 7-6 win over the Big Green today at Franklin Field.

Dartmouth proved they would be tough competition for the Quakers after scoring first. The Quakers were quick to respond when junior Emma Spiro put the Red and Blue on the scoreboard with an unassisted free position goal at 9:36.

The game was an even matchup. Every time Penn took the lead, the Big Green (6-4, 3-1) tied the game up again. Without a doubt, the game was the toughest competition Penn has seen thus far.

Along with assisting Edward's winning goal, Brennan scored a clutch goal of her own with an assist from junior Ali DeLuca, giving the Quakers a 6-5 lead.

DeLuca and senior Samantha Bird each contributed two goals for the Red and Blue.

Today's win brings the still undefeated Quakers (11-0, 5-0 Ivy) closer to the Ivy League championships. A win against Princeton Wednesday at Franklin Field will insure a share of the Ivy League title for Penn.