On Saturday night, The Daily Pennsylvanian honored the accomplishments of the past year and officially inaugurated its new Board of Editors and Managers.

This transition marked 125 years of striving to serve the Penn community and to act as a watchdog to the administration.

In recent years, however, students have told us we're not giving them everything they want from their campus newspaper.

This year, we're listening.

The DP and the 125th Board of Editors are aggressively working to reach out to the Penn community and refocus its coverage. We want to give our readers more than just a Penn paper; we want to give them a student paper.

This means adding a daily campus-events listing. It means more student faces and issues in the paper. It means digging deeper into the workings of the University and better fulfilling our investigative responsibilities. It means covering Penn communities we've never covered before and rebuilding relationships that have eroded over the years.

And, more than anything else, it means talking to students and hearing what they have to say. This will be an exciting year for the DP and we want you to be a part of it.

This initiative goes beyond the print DP - we will be further expanding our Web operations. We will bring readers a more accessible Web site with features like a comprehensive campus events listing and update students with the news as it happens.

Juliette Mullin is the Executive Editor of The Daily Pennsylvanian. She can be reached at mullin@dailypennsylvanian.com