A 25-year-old man was shot and killed Sunday night on the 3900 block of Market Street.

Police were called to the scene and discovered the man lying on the sidewalk at 9:25 p.m.

The man was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 9:41 p.m.

According to an article that appeared in The Philadelphia Inquirer, police identified the man on Monday as 25-year-old Robert Austin, who lived on the 3600 block of Wallace Street, north of campus. Police believe the shooting to be the result of an argument.

Officials at the University of Pennsylvania Police Department could not be reached to comment on this incident.

The stretch of Market Street on which the incident occurred is frequently used by students and area residents on their way to the subway station at 40th and Market streets. It is also just a few blocks from the offices of the UPPD, located at 4040 Chestnut Street.

On Monday, a double shooting took place further north and west of campus on the 800 block of N. 43rd Street. In that incident, two men, both in their twenties, were shot in the early hours of the morning and were subsequently taken to HUP.

One of the victims is in critical condition after being shot in the chest and arm. The other is in stable condition after being shot in the right leg, according to the ABC affiliate WPVI Web site.

These shootings come on the heels of an incident early Saturday in Southwest Philadelphia, in which 29-year-old Craig Dunston was killed, and a bystander was wounded when an argument erupted over a double-parked car.

In that case, the male suspect fled the scene with a female passenger in a four-door, burgundy car, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

The last person to die of a gunshot wound near campus was Maninovsky Lubin, who was killed in his cab on 44th and Sansom streets. The incident happened at 3:45 a.m. on May 10.

Police believe that incident to have begun as a robbery, in which the suspect struck Lubin through the cab's partition and then fled the scene after the cab struck parked cars.

Maninovsky was a cab driver with the City Cab Co. until his death at age 41.