Quakers Olympians weren't the only ones shining in their post-collegiate athletic careers.

Former Penn men's basketball stars Paul Romanczuk and Michael Jordan (left) played for the Philadelphia Force of the newly-formed National Rookie League.

The League is designed to get collegiate players from mid-major and smaller schools serious "looks" from professional scouts, and for the two former Quakers, it apparently paid off.

Romanczuk and Jordan left the Force at roughly the same time.

Romanczuk signed up to play for a pro team in Calpe, Spain.

Jordan was given a shot playing on the Philadelphia 76ers summer league team in the NBA's Shaw Summer League in Boston with fellow alum Ira Bowman.

The two also played against the Celtics' Jerome Allen, who, like Jordan is a former Quakers Ivy League Player of the Year.

Meanwhile, the current Quakers received news of a one teammate's departure and another's return.

The departure is that of Oggie Kapetanovic, the 6'10" transfer from Brown who ultimately played just one year in Red and Blue.

The return is that of guard Lamar Plummer, who left the team over Winter Break last season because of personal reasons.

The Quakers also welcome three incoming freshman to campus, three-sport high school star and New Jersey high school Athlete of the Year Jeff Schiffner, forward from Mercersburg Academy Adam Chubb, and 6' guard and Reading native Charlie Copp.