In her first season, Penn women's basketball coach Kelly Greenberg led the Quakers to the most wins in the history of the program and a third-place Ivy League finish.

With the graduation of just one member, a senior class that features the nation's second-leading scorer and a strong sophomore group that gained valuable experience last year, things are looking up for the Quakers.

This fall, Greenberg will welcome her second recruiting class to campus, and she believes that they will provide depth to an already talented group.

"I'm already so excited about this upcoming year," Greenberg, in between two of many summer recruiting trips, said.

This season the Quakers will add forward Jackie Froatz (Trumbull, Conn.), and guards Jewel Clark (Waldorf, Md.) and Mikaelyn Austin (Romona, Calif.).

The 6'2" Froatz, who most likely will spend the season backing forwards Diana Caramanico and Julie Epton, has impeccable credentials. She was a first-team all-state selection, her school's record holder for points in a career and last season led her team in field goal and free throw percentage, points, rebounds, blocks and steals.

"[Froatz] is going to be a key for us next year, especially in practice," Greenberg said.

Greenberg added that Froatz was excited about the prospect of practicing for a full season against Honorable Mention All-American Caramanico. Greenberg is excited to have her because Froatz is just the type of player her new coach likes.

"She's a banger, a hard worker, real blue-collar," Greenberg said. "She's going to do wonders for [Caramanico and Epton]."

While Froatz's chances at a starting spot are hindered by the presence of veterans, Greenberg expects her two new guards to get a little more playing time in their first season.

The 5'10" Clark, whom Greenberg affectionately called "a hot shot," could be the steal of the class.

"Since the time we got a commitment from her, she's gotten even better," Greenberg said. "All the schools down there in Maryland, no one had heard of her until this year. We just happened to see some potential last summer."

Clark averaged nearly 20 points a game as a senior, and was an all-state selection as well as her conference's Most Valuable Player.

According to Greenberg, the 5'8" Austin -- who averaged 11 points a game last season --ÿcould be the best athlete, as she was a track star at Rancho Bernardo High School.

"She was heavily recruited by Ivy schools," Greenberg said. "She was named the Track athlete of the year in the San Diego area. She's got great basketball sense, and will work very well with [Quakers point guard] Tara [Twomey]."