The University's first undergraduate dual degree program involving course work in three schools will debut next fall. The new program in digital design and media will combine classes in the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Graduate School of Fine Arts and the Annenberg School for Communication. The program's name has not yet been finalized. The program is targeted at students interested in computer-game design, according to GSFA Dean Gary Hack. Although the program was not finalized in time to be featured on this year's admissions applications, Engineering Dean Gregory Farrington said he hopes to enroll 25 students from the Class of 2002 into the new program. The program, which Farrington anticipates will have a similar format to the Management and Technology Program -- a dual degree program between Engineering and the Wharton School -- will include a core computer science curriculum in Engineering. Students will also study the graphic component of digital media in the School of Fine Arts, while Annenberg will provide experience in what types of digital media are psychologically effective, Farrington explained. Although students will take classes in three schools, preliminary plans call for the program to offer two degrees: a Bachelor of Science from Engineering and a Bachelor of Arts from the College, said Engineering Undergraduate Dean John Vohs. Vohs, a professor of Chemical Engineering, said students will receive a degree from the College because those GSFA and Annenberg are graduate schools that sponsor undergraduate majors and classes through the College. The goal of the program is to produce students "skilled and educated in new world technology," Farrington said. And Hack said he has "a huge amount of confidence in this project." Although the curriculum will be rigorous, Farrington said he expects the program to take four years to complete. Most M&T; students spend five years completing their program, by contrast, because of its heavy courseload. A highlight of the new program is a student internship designed to allow participants to work at a major media corporation during the summer, in the hope of giving them real world experience, Farrington said. According to preliminary plans for the program, participants will have to satisfy the College distribution requirements in addition to the Engineering requirements, Vohs said. The specific requirements for the new dual degree program should be finalized within the next few weeks, he added. This program is the University's fourth undergraduate dual degree program. It will join M&T;, International Studies and Business -- a program between the College and Wharton -- and Health Care Management, which involves degrees in the Nursing School and Wharton. Additionally, the University has recently announced several minors involving course work in two or more schools. As with the other three dual degree programs, students after this year will have to apply for admission to the program as part of their applications to enter the University.