Following a recent settlement, Campus Text may have to move off campus next year. Campus Text provides students with another option of where they can buy books and usually at a lower price than The Book Store -- sometimes up to 10 percent. Ever since the company was founded in 1994, the University has exerted pressure on Campus Text to move from its 38th Street spot. Students have said they would be willing to walk the extra blocks to get the discount on texts. However, freshmen may not be aware of the alternative if they don't see the option near The Book Store when they go to purchase texts. Freshmen are the ones who benefit the most from Campus Text since the company sells textbooks primarily for popular introductory courses. But the location where Campus Text currently parks its truck will become inconsequential once the new Barnes & Noble bookstore opens its doors on 37th and Walnut streets. And if the new vending ordinance is passed by the City Council, Campus Text may have to move elsewhere or apply for a special permit. Although we are excited to see the opening of the Barnes & Noble bookstore, we still want the option of buying our books elsewhere. Professors already patronize local bookstores such as House of Our Own and the Penn Book Center by ordering course books through them. While the future of Campus Text remains unclear, it is unfair for the the bookseller to have to get permission from the University to sell on campus. Officials should let students decide where to buy their books and not choose for them.