Engineering students will get a glimpse of the real world tomorrow, as CPPS and the Engineering Student Activities Council stage their 12th annual Engineering Career Awareness Day in the Towne Building from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lisa Tomlin-Houston, career counselor for the Engineering School at Career Planning and Placement Services, said that 56 companies are scheduled to attend the event "expecting to see bachelor, masters and doctoral level students." Pronab Saha, Engineering junior and president of the ESAC, said he is pleased with the expected turn out. Saha said some companies declined invitations to attend because of cutbacks in recruiting. "We were very successful, considering the recession," Saha said. "The purpose of Engineering Career Awareness Day is to provide an opportunity for [Engineering] students to gain exposure to employment and career opportunities available to them after graduation," Tomlin-Houston said. She added that students will also be able to find information about summer internship opportunities. Tomlin-Houston recommended that students "bring plenty of resumes." Tomlin-Houston said that in the past, the career fair has drawn an enthusiastic response from both students and potential employers. "Employers have told us that this is one of the best -- or the best -- career fair they attend all year," Tomlin-Houston said. "Companies see this as an opportunity to actively recruit, to see who might make excellent additions to their full-time or summer staffs." "Students also have given us excellent feedback" about the number and variety of companies present, Tomlin-Houston added. And Saha said that "lots of students get their connections for summer jobs" through the career day. Engineering senior Parris Wellman said he has used previous career days to look for summer internships, and this year Wellman hopes to find full-time employment through the career day. "They've done a really good job this year [attracting companies]," Wellman said. Companies attending the career fair will set up booths and displays on all three floors of the Towne Building.