Vice Provost for University Life Kim Morrisson yesterday named Jane Combrinck-Graham as interim Judicial Inquiry Officer, replacing Constance Goodman who resigned last month. Combrinck-Graham will temporarily leave her post as Associate Director of Risk Management to take over the investigation and prosecution of cases ranging from complaints against fraternities and sororities to cheating. Combrinck-Graham graduated from the University in 1976 and received her law degree from Temple University in 1980. She has been at the University since 1986. Morrisson said yesterday she chose Combrinck-Graham because she is "a person of great integrity with exceptionally good analytic skills." Combrinck-Graham also served as acting JIO in an Open Expression complaint involving former Graduate and Professional Students Association head Vincent Phaalha in 1989. "I am very excited about it," she said. "I think it is going to be a great challenge." Combrinck-Graham said following in the footsteps of Goodman, who was JIO since 1986, will be difficult. "One of the challenges will be to maintain the standards she did," Combrinck-Graham said. In her current position, Combrinck-Graham said she has had considerable contact with students, assisting people who are planning activities or events which might have risks associated with them. "I feel as if I have had the opportunity to learn how the University functions and how students interact in the academic situations and outside the academic setting in extracurricular activities," Combrinck-Graham said. Goodman, who is now the University's associate secretary, said she had worked with Combrinck-Graham on a committee and on one judicial case. "I thought she did a thorough investigation of that case and issued a fair report," Goodman said. Goodman said she would advise the interim JIO to take time to learn the position. "I would tell her to learn about the codes, to listen very carefully to the students she is working with, to be supportive of them, to be thorough, to keep a sense of humor and, above all, to be fair," Goodman said. Morrisson said she will consult students and other interested parties to learn characteristics they want in the new JIO. She said she expects to fill the position by June. Morrisson said Combrinck-Graham could be considered by a search committee if she asks to be.