While the University echoed with shouts of protest the night the U.S. and allied forces began their bombing of Iraq, across town at Temple University, quiet reigned. And according to editors from five Delaware Valley college newspapers who met yesterday at Drexel University, reactions varied throughout the region. After weeks of protest during the nearly month-long faculty strike last fall, few students can muster enthusiasm to rally again, editors from The Temple News said yesterday. "Temple is a really tired campus right about now," Jen Watson, the paper's news editor said. Editors of The Review at the University of Delaware reported wide-raging reaction, rather similar to the atmosphere at the University. Review Editor Darin Powell said that an organization called Citizens Against War formed during the fall and two protests drew about 250 students. Editors from St. Joseph's University said that students have become more active at a campus they described as usually conservative. Prayer vigils and debates on the editorial page of their newspaper, The Hawk, have been the primary activities on campus. Drexel newspaper editors said virtually the only protests visible on their campus were borrowed, as they watched University students heading from campus to Center City on the night the war began. But Triangle editors, who sponsored the meeting, said there was a candlelight vigil and the administration will maintain a burning candle in the campus's main building. Editors from all of the newspapers said that agreeing on a editorial stance for or against the war was difficult, if not impossible. Most said that they have not taken a stand for or against the war. The editor of The Temple News, Erin Friar, said she and her staff hesitate to take a firm editorial stand because of the historic value of the period. "It's kind of intimidating. We're dealing with history," Friar said. "Years from now, people may look back at the issues and say 'they were wrong, or boy, they were right.' "