A new Italian remedy will come to West Philadelphia to satisfy the city’s cravings.

Meaning “the remedy” in Italian, Il Rimedio will replace the popular brunch and BYO restaurant Rx at 45th and Spruce streets. Rx has been closed for about a month.

Il Rimedio will maintain Rx’s pharmacy theme and will also continue serving brunch, but with a northern Italian twist.

According to University City Review, the owner hopes to open the restaurant by mid-March.

Some students, such as College freshman Jake Albano, like the idea of a new Italian restaurant.

“I’m excited for an Italian restaurant to be close to campus,” Albano said, explaining that there are few Italian restaurants near campus.

College freshman Andrew Shannon agreed, saying, “I love Italian food so I can’t complain.”

Some students are glad that Il Rimedio will serve brunch because “it’s something different than dinner,” College sophomore Carolyn Gordon said.

As for the pharmacy theme, however, both the name and theme are “a little bizarre,” College senior Courtney Fogwell said.

While it was open, Rx scored positive reviews from many students. College freshman Andrew Shannon called the food joint “amazingly scrumptious.”

Wharton sophomore Eric Kauderer-Abrams agrees. “The Rx was one of my favorite breakfast spots,” he said. “I really like that classic American feel.” Kauderer-Abrams also noted that Rx was “a staple for many different groups here on campus.”

With the popularity of Rx, it is not surprising that some students are disappointed with Rx’s closure.

“I’m sad that it’s going because I really enjoyed Sunday brunch there,” Wharton junior Angel Contrera said.