Penn hires new lobbyists for higher education issues amid congressional investigations

The University hired Cassidy & Associates in the wake of controversies at Penn and other higher education institutions surrounding campus responses to the Israel-Hamas war.

3 hours ago
'Just shattered': Penn lightweight rowing accused of racism, prompting controversial University response

Sources close to Penn women's rowing described a series of incidents during fall 2023, as well as their frustration with subsequent action by Penn Athletics.

04/22/24 5:45am

Multimedia

Bite-Sized, Ep. 13: Pre-major advisors, Presidential Search, Funding for Penn Vet
04/22/24 6:00am

Welcome to Bite-Sized! Every week, we’ll be looking at the biggest headlines you should know. Last week, our reporters covered crucial stories within the Penn administration. The Daily Pennsylvanian also spoke with Carolyn Ureña, Penn’s director of academic advising, to discuss how first years in the College of Arts and Sciences are matched with pre-major advisors. In addition, Penn has yet to begin a presidential search four months after Magill’s resignation, and state funding remains unclear for the School of Veterinary Medicine amid antisemitism concerns. Check out more on our reporting on our website.

The DP's arts and culture magazine
Penn's only intentionally satirical publication