In light of upcoming final exams, the Undergraduate Assembly hopes to increase resources that help students cope with stress.

On Sunday, the UA passed a resolution urging the University to increase funding for Counseling and Psychological Services.

As demand for psychological services has increased “significantly” over the past 10 years, students may have to wait up to 30 days for an appointment, said College junior Jon Monfred, who co-authored the resolution.

CAPS is located on 36th and Sansom streets and provides services including individual and group counseling, intervention and psychological testing to over 3,200 students every year.

“After meeting with executive director of CAPS, it is clear that there are student needs that are not being addressed,” Monfred said, adding that increased funding would allow students to be seen in a “more timely manner.”

“When people are told they need to wait, it is not okay,” he said. The UA hopes to see the number of CAPS staff members rise with increased funding.

UA members also discussed ways to improve PennLink, a website managed by Career Services that allows students to browse job listings and contact potential employers for offers and interviews.

UA member and Wharton sophomore Lisa Xu, alongside Engineering freshman and associate member Abhishek Gadiraju, brought the topic to the general body’s attention. They had already identified problems with browsing capabilities, the search function and the interview reminders system.

Members also discussed including more non-business job listings. “More companies that are not consulting or banks would also be helpful,” College junior and UA Speaker Cynthia Ip said.

Members also suggested creating an interview reminder system that syncs students’ with iCal or Google Calendars.

UA representatives voiced renewed support to implement cash-alternative methods of payment which would allow students to purchase tickets and merchandise on Locust Walk.

Square, a device that allows credit card payments to be routed through mobile phones, is the current favorite, according to College junior and UA Treasurer Jake Shuster. He hopes to see the system in place by next November.

Members also discussed ways to benefit the Philadelphia community by donating leftover dining hall food. A lot of food goes to waste, College freshman Nolan Burger said, adding that he wondered if there was a way to “harness or donate it.”

Shuster recommended reaching out to a local charity that collects leftover food from restaurants.