Shots were fired early this morning outside Philly Diner, located at 3901 Walnut St.

No injuries were reported and Penn Police made three arrests, according to Sgt. Ray Evers of the Philadelphia Police.

The Division of Public Safety's PennComm Center received a call at about 4:15 a.m. from Philly Diner saying that a fight was occurring there, according to DPS spokeswoman Stef Cella.

PennComm focused CCTV cameras on the location. A dispatcher saw a black man discharge two handguns in the direction of the diner, Cella wrote in an e-mail.

Penn Police arrived on location and took the shooter into custody.

They also apprehended another man who had accompanied the shooter and tried to dispose of the guns.

The PennComm dispatcher monitoring the CCTV cameras saw the second man discard the guns in front of the Fels Institute of Government, located at 3814 Walnut St.

A third man was taken into custody for a third handgun that was recovered from another suspect's car, Cella said.

Several other men who were in Philly Diner when the shooting occurred were taken to the Southwest Detectives Division of Philadelphia Police for investigation.

Two of the men will be charged and several individuals are under active investigation, according to Cella.

DPS and Philadelphia Police have not released the names of the men involved, but did say that none are affiliated with Penn.