The planned student center was officially named the Revlon Center Friday, almost two years after Revlon, Inc. head Ronald Perelman donated $10 million for the construction of the facility. The University Trustees, without discussion, passed the resolution officially naming the building unanimously at its full board meeting Friday afternoon. The vote effectively ends over a year of debate on the planned center's name. Student critics of the name objected to what they said would be a commercialization of campus and advertising for the Revlon corporation. But the Trustees' Facilities and Campus Planning Committee endorsed the name last Thursday, saying that the University traditionally gives the perogative of naming buildings to the donors of major gifts. Committee Chairperson Myles Tannenbaum said last week that he had discussed changing the name with Revlon officials, but said that Perelman -- a Trustee and Wharton School graduate -- insisted on the Revlon name since the money came from the cosmetic giant's philanthropic arm, the Revlon Foundation. The Trustees also officially changed the name of the Medical Education Building to Edward J. Stemmler Hall. Stemmler resigned from his post as Medical Center Executive Vice President and Medical School Dean last year after three years at the helm. Assistant to the President William Epstein said last night that Stemmler Hall is the first University building to be named after a dean of a school. In other business, the Trustees approved the allocation of approximately $539,000 for renovations of the dining facilies and "student public space" in Kings Court/English House. The board also appproved an estimated $3.4 million for renovating the second floor of the Medical School's Anatomy/Chemistry Building.