creed-trailer
Photo from Annie Sun

The stars from the upcoming film "Creed II" are on campus and Penn students could not be more excited. 

Students quickly swarmed the production trailers located on the block of 37th and Sansom streets as the news spread in the early afternoon of April 20 that the actors of the sports drama film were on campus. Other news reports confirm that the crew is in Philadelphia filming the sequel to "Creed," which was released in 2015 and received critical acclaim. 

Photo from Annie Sun

Students first learned about the film crew after spotting the trailer that belongs to the film's main character, "Adonis Creed," who is played by Michael B. Jordan. 

Around 5:30 p.m., Jordan was spotted driving by some students around 37th and Walnut streets. He lowered his window to wave to some fans. 

Earlier this week, Jordan and his co-stars, Sylvester Stallone and Tessa Thompson, were spotted in various locations across Philadelphia, Penn Live reported.

Cast members reportedly shared a meal at the award-winning Israeli restaurant Zahav late last month and Jordan has been recently spotted running on the Schuylkill Banks and working out at Sweat Fitness in Old City.

Stallone has also posted several pictures and videos of himself on Instagram at locations in Philadelphia. 

The sequel to "Creed," which is a spinoff of the Rocky Balboa franchise, follows Adonis – a recently successful lightweight boxer – as he trains to face off against a new rival. 

For his performance in "Creed," which was also filmed in Philadelphia, Stallone received his first Oscar nomination since the original Rocky film. He also won the Golden Globe Award and Critcis' Choice Award for Best Supporting Actor.

Photo from Annie Sun

"Creed II" is slated to be released on Nov. 21.